Following in the same spirit as previous years, ICAA19 is planning to offer Early Career Research
(ECR) Awards on the basis of the quality of scientific research and ability to communicate the
results. There are two categories of ECR Awards available:
- Current Ph.D. Students: Two to three awards will be granted to current Ph.D. students or
those that defended their dissertations within one year of the abstract submission deadline
(November 1, 2023)
- Post docs and early-career researchers: Two to three awards will be granted to post-doctoral
research scholars or early career industry/national lab researchers. Eligibility is limited to
those that have defended their thesis no more than four years prior to the abstract
submission deadline (November 1, 2023).
All awardees will be given the opportunity to give a 20-minute plenary talk during the conference
and will receive a monetary award.
To apply for the award, candidates will submit a standard abstract. In addition, the candidates are
required to submit the following documents when uploading their abstract:
- A full CV with a list of publications and presentations.
- A description of research activities (max. 1000 words).
- An example of an important paper authored by the candidate. The included publication
must be in English.
- A recommendation letter from the candidate’s Ph.D. advisor, post-doctoral advisor, or
- A copy the candidate’s ID showing their current affiliation (e.g. student ID).
All documents should be combined into a single pdf file and submitted through the standard
If the ECR candidate is not selected for an award, their abstract will be directed for review for
inclusion in a standard session.
The organization committee particularly encourages applications from underrepresented
minorities, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, and from diverse geographical locations.